Thursday, October 14, 2010

Get out of my dreams...

Get out of my life.

Yep. I dreamed about her again. It just takes the wind out of my sails.

In the dream, we were flirting with each other, like there was a chance that things would work out. Then, I guess I took it too far and she said, "You know I'm just messing around, right? We're done. For good." We had a little argument where I told her she was leading me on and she apologized but thought I knew we were just playing around. We were in the mix of this whole group of people and we let them pass and continue arguing. I get frustrated and turn my back to her. When I turn back, she's gone. I consult with my friends that are there and they comfort me and offer advice, when I notice this restaurant ahead of us. I go look in the window and I see her with her friends. There are a couple of guys peppered around the table. One of them is right next to her, kind of staring at her. She looks up from her plate to see me at the window and gives me one of her, "get me out of here" looks. Against better judgment, I go in. I go up to the table and say hello. I ask her what's up. She says, "Oh nothing. Some friends and I were trying to have a nice lunch and then these random gentlemen joined us and I've got the creepy one eyeballing me. He is really creepy and just making my feel very uncomfortable." I point to him and use my loud, angry voice, "This guy right here." He sounds like a weasel (and looks a little like my downstairs neighbor). "Get out of here, man." I smile, turn my back, and then turn back to him with crazy eyes, but still a calm voice. "Look. If you are trying to get with her, you are going about it all wrong. Being creepy and crazy certainly isn't the way to do it. If you'd be observant, you'd notice she has no interest in you whatsoever and you'd just tip the fuck out the door with your buddies there. I'm offering you kind hearted advice, but if you choose against it, I guess I can flip the switch and, as this lovely young lady's ex-fucking-husband, I can fly into a jealous rage and beat the ever-loving shit out of you right in front of her and your friends. What's your choice, chief?" He stands and apologizes and leaves, friends following behind. She thanks me and I nod, "You're welcome."

My friends and I leave and walk to this bar. An old bartender friend from college is tending bar and he's happy to see us. Suddenly, the guy from the restaurant comes in and sits down at a table. An older guy goes up to him and shakes his hand. The younger guy is visibly upset. My bartender friend say, "Uh-oh. Lloyd still looks upset."
"You know him?"
"Yeah. His daddy owns this place."
"Oh good. I gotta take a leak."
I head back to the bathroom and unzip my pants, when the door swings open. I suspected something like this would happen, so I took a wide stance, somewhat blocking the door from completely opening. The person on the other side of the door tries again. I step back to let them fly into the bathroom. Caught off guard, the guy is vulnerable. I kick him in the face. He swings at me, I swing back. Imagine a fight sequence worthy of Black Dynamite and Scott Pilgrim. That is what followed. Me and like three guys. I was capable of moves I never knew I had. When the fight came to an end, I stood victorious over these broken bodies below.
"Lloyd!" I shouted and turned to look where he sat before. He was still there. With her.
"Did you know his dad owns this bar and five others in town?"
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"You know how much I love free drinks. This is free drinks -- for life," and she starts to make out with him right in front of me. I collapse to my knees... and woke up.

Before that, I had a sex dream featuring one of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. As awesome as that was, the second dream ruined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment