Thursday, September 30, 2010

Coming to an end...

This oddly emotional week is coming to an end. I can't be more thankful. It was just sad. There were so many things I wanted to do this week that I didn't do. Some of that is because, for the first time through all of this, I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I snoozed five minutes. Ten. Twenty. One hour. Two. I just couldn't convince myself to get up. I missed out on all of the exercising I had grand ambitions of doing. I delayed ripping some DVDs for a friend until just now. I didn't clean my bedroom (though, to be honest, it isn't that dirty). I was going to join this volleyball league at work but I overslept today and didn't go to the meeting. I pretty much have just sat here on the computer for the last few days, not doing anything productive. I mean, I did hang out with friends a bit, but I even reduced my time doing that this week. I should look for a part time job.

I haven't watched really ANY of the shows I DVR'd over the past two weeks. That I wonder is my sense of rebellion towards how things were. All we did was watch TV. I have just started exploring this city and, while it isn't huge, it isn't bad. There are things to do. The bars are kind of fun. That may also be because when I go out, I try and drown the sadness and let the fun guy out. I succeed at that pretty regularly. Perhaps my not watching the stuff I've DVR'd (which is actually reality show free, save for The Biggest Loser) is my way of kicking part of my past to the curb. I have already kicked one show completely to the curb due to scheduling conflicts and my lack of enjoyment of the show's direction last season. There may be more to come. We'll see.

And then this... urge... thing. Guh. I know that it isn't something that will be satiated anytime soon. It's just -- it has been so long. I don't mean that as, "Whew! I have been single for two months. Damn that is a long time." I mean that this started a long time ago and I am starting to get a little nutty. Meh. I'm turning into a guy right before everyone's very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment