Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The number of the beast...

It feels like this THING has been awakened. Something I thought I lost. Something I cared for so much but somehow lost touch with. It feels like this thing is sweeping in and making its presence felt every step of the way. This thing moves like a beast -- with such force and strength and power -- and I can't help but get caught up in it.

This thing is friendship.

This thing is you, dear reader.

I have received some great well wishes from great friends. I have been taken out and driven around town until late hours of the night/early hours of the morning. I have been bought drinks with a smile that says, "Hey. Cheer up. We love you." I have had people tell me they see a strength in me that is encouraging and empowering. I have been given an ear to vent to, given a word of encouragement, given a drink, given a shot, given a hug, given dinner, and given time.

I have been given such great friendship by such great people. I know that more is still to come, too. I do not have the words to give you back what you have all given me. Even if I have yet to take you up on your offer, know that I appreciate that it is there and that you will be called very soon. I thank you so much for being there for me, either as a listening ear, a reading eye, or just someone who knows that keeping busy is key.

How does a man get through a divorce he didn't want? How does a man that loves a woman that doesn't love him anymore get through it?

Day by day. One step at a time. With many great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment